what’s making me happy this week.
1. I went to my niece’s basketball game and not only did she have an awesome game (including three three-point baskets!), they beat one of their biggest rivals! The last game I went to was a bit rough, so it was awesome to see them come out with a win!
2. Overnight oats will stay edible for almost a week! (Yes, this made me happy. It’s the little things, my friends.) I had made some overnight oats for work but got sent home early due to the polar vortex. I forgot they were in the work fridge and ended up not eating them until the following week. I was pleasantly surprised that they hadn’t turned into one big lump.
movies with Kristen Bell (my self-appointed “it” girl of 2014) watched.
1. Stuck in Love was a random Netflix find. Per IMDB, it’s an indie film about “an acclaimed writer, his ex-wife, and their teenaged children come to terms with the complexities of love in all its forms over the course of one tumultuous year.” It was a nice story about growing up, new beginnings, and second chances.
2. Frozen! There has been so much buzz around this movie including a Golden Globe win for Best Animated Feature (and, it’s going to be a Broadway musical!). I knew given that it was Disney, the odds were good that I would love it. I definitely did – so, so good! The soundtrack makes a lot more sense now, too.
songs from the Frozen soundtrack I can’t stop listening to (okay, okay…singing along to at the top of my lungs).
1. ”Let It Go”. Two words: Idina Menzel.
2. “For the First Time in Forever”. It’s just so fun and catchy. I can’t help but smile when I listen to it!
arts and crafts projects I want to attempt from pinterest.
1. A cute bracelet which could be a fun and easy Christmas gift for friends!
2. A fun nightstand would be a bit more labor intensive, but could be a really cool addition to my bedroom or a really fun end table, depending on the size.
tweets I loved.
The power to change our lives lies within us. #runningthoughts
— Dorothy Beal (@MilePosts) January 18, 2014
We are all surrounded by miracles, we just aren't looking for them.
— Brian (@RunGooseRun) January 14, 2014
FYI: Some of the items I share and link to on this post are available for sale in my Amazon Affiliate store. By searching and shopping as you normally would via my store, you help keep just a one girl revolution. up and running. Thanks!
Twosday posts are inspired by my friend Heather over at Then Heather Said.