apps I’m loving.
1. Weather Pup. I can get the weather and see a cute puppy all at the same time. Winning.
2. Lose It! This is a food tracking app, but I really love that it allows users to track other goals such as sleep. I received a free premium subscription through FitFluential. I’ll have a more detailed review of this app in a couple weeks, but I really enjoy it thus far.
1. Cosmo (Julianne Hough cover). Because it’s not every day that one of your blends writes a two-page article for a major magazine. Theodora shares how it all came about over at Losing Weight in the City. Awesome.
2. Self (Kaley Cuoco cover). I have been a fan of Kaley’s since 8 Simple Rules (did anyone else love that show? It just wasn’t the same after John Ritter passed away), but I love love love The Big Bang Theory.
books purchased with Christmas gift cards.
1. May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness by Gabrielle Bernstein. I’m incredibly intrigued by this book and can’t wait to dig in!
shows caught up on while I wasn’t feeling great.
1. New Girl. I loved this show last season, but the current season took a bit to grow on me. I’m back in full-on loving it mode. I freaking adore Zooey Deschanel. She’s the best and I adore (and honestly, am quite envious of) her hipster quirkiness.
2. The Mindy Project. This is one of the fall shows I was most excited about and it has lived up to all my hopes. I got a bit behind these last couple months, but am back in real time now. Mindy Kaling is a favorite.
1. Avocado. This is nothing new, just a particularly intense love of late. The last time I was at the store, I bought five. I mean, at 3 for $2, you can’t go wrong! Give me all the guacamole.
2. Fresh ground almond butter. One of the grocery stores I shop at (Horrock’s for the locals) has a machine to make freshly ground almond and peanut butter. Yes, I know I could do this in my food processor, but not having the clean up is so much easier!
old navy purchases this weekend.
1. Belted Wool-Blend Peacoat. The last time I had a peacoat was right at the beginning of my weight loss journey and it got too large long ago. I’ve wanted a new one for awhile, but never found one I loved enough to spend the money. There is a pretty limited selection online, but there was a huge selection of coats on clearance at my store. I think this will be a great coat for spring and fall. It was not an appropriate coat for the current high-20s temperatures, a lesson learned the hard way. (And apparently, I didn’t want people to see my face…?)
2. Active GoDRY Running Top. I wore this during my workout tonight and absolutely love it! It’s great that it zips up higher to cover my neck a bit, and it has thumbholes. YAY thumbholes. It’s one of those things that I would wear just lounging around and when I’m out and about, not just for working out. Holy crap, I want to go buy one in every color.
academy award best picture nominees I’m most excited about but still haven’t seen.
1. Silver Linings Playbook. Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and holy flashback, Julia Stiles. Oh, and did I mention Bradley Cooper? I’m really intrigued by the plot, and plan on picking up a copy of the book as well.
2. Les Misérables. How have I still not seen this?! Travesty. I need to make work of this, stat.
FYI: Some of the items I share and link to on this post are available for sale in my Amazon Affiliate store. By searching and shopping as you normally would via my store, you help keep just a one girl revolution. up and running. Thanks!