I got a bit off track over the holidays with the twosday posts – you know, with the whopping two that I’ve done thus far – but back on track! As with most everything in my life, this week is nice to get back into my regular routines. The holidays were great and I loved having time off, but it makes me appreciate my usual day-to-day life.
podcasts I’ve been listening to.
1. Stuff You Missed in History Class. While I was in the education program during my undergraduate education (before I realized that teaching wasn’t for me), I was a social studies major. I still really enjoy history and this podcast has some really unique topics.
2. Greatist. It’s no secret around here that I am a big fan of Greatist, and their podcast is no exception. It’s not updated a ton (yet?), but some good information!
coffee I’m addicted to.
1. Archer Farms® Cinnamon Vanilla Nut. If I could only drink one kind of coffee for the rest of my life, this might be it.
2. Starbucks Christmas Blend. It’s a good think I like it, too, because I got three bags for Christmas!
workout songs on repeat.
1. Sing – Glee Cast. An older one from Glee – season 2, I think – but I recently added it to my workout playlist again and forgot how much I love it!
2. Are We All We Are – P!nk. More and more, I adore P!nk and she has some great workout tunes. This is the first track off her new album.
albums I am completely and utterly obsessed with.
1. Les Misérables: Highlights from the Motion Picture Soundtrack. OMG. So good.
2. The Lumineers. This is the group behind the “Hey Ho” song that had made it’s way into mainstream. This album has lots of great melodies and lyrics – an awesome band that reminds me a lot of The Head and the Heart or Mumford & Sons (and if you don’t know either of those names, go look them up, too!).
burt’s bees is the bee’s knees.
1. Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion – some of this was in last year’s Christmas stocking and I fell in love with this awesome thick, clean scented lotion that’s 99% natural.
2. Pomegranate Lip Balm – I’ve used Burt’s Bees lip balm for ages, but I particularly love the pom version because I get the chapstick with a faint tint of color.
things I’ve purchased.
1. A primrose. A fun little burst of color.
2. Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes by Shauna Niequist. In fairness, I pre-ordered this, but I am anxiously awaiting it’s release date this spring. I adore Shauna and have been looking forward to this book for ages.
things I’m really excited for in 2013.
1. Healthy Living Summit. I cannot wait! I’m looking forward to attending my fourth HLS this year, learning about great topics, re-connecting with old friends, and making new ones! So. freaking. excited.
2. Les Misérables. For Christmas, I bought my mom tickets to see the stage production next month! I’m looking forward to quality time with her, and seeing a great production. I still need to see the movie though; must work on that.
FYI: Some of the items I share and link to on this post are available for sale in my Amazon Affiliate store. By searching and shopping as you normally would via my store, you help keep just a one girl revolution. up and running. Thanks!