On Monday, Dorry wrote about healthy happy holidays and Caitlin shared about being more mindful of healthy living. I found it quite serendipitous since these were both two thoughts on my mind recently, particularly on Sunday evening after a long weekend of Thanksgiving holiday eating. Today, Beth shared her goals for December and Susan wrote about her goals as well. I love reading other people’s goals. It always inspires me to focus on my own and even give me ideas for things I can work towards.
I like goals. I am terrible about keeping them. I’ve written about monthly goals a few times recently and by month’s end, I realize that I rarely kept them. I realized that while I write them down in the blog, they get pushed aside once I hit publish. So, for December, I wrote them down and I’m going to put them someplace I can see them as a daily reminder.
food and exercise.
- 64 ounces of water every day
- no soda (I did pretty well with this in November until the holiday weekend)
- limit eating out to twice per week
- enjoy the holiday treats, but not overindulge
- church every Sunday (I haven’t been going regularly for awhile and it’s been weeks since I’ve gone at all)
- reevaluate my budget and create a new one for 2011
- try for 7-8 hours of sleep a night
- read one book a week
I really want to finish out the year strong, keeping my goals in mind and making a conscious effort to achieve them.
What are your goals for the last month of the year?