Thanks to the lovely Julia for the Stylish Blogger Award!
As a recipient, I have to share seven facts about myself that you don’t know. Well, most of you won’t know them anyhow.
- I’m slightly OCD about even numbers. For example, if I buy a Diet Coke out of the vending machine at work, I will only buy it from the even numbered slots (generally 36…not only is it an even number, the square root of it is 6, also an even number). There are other examples, but let’s not make myself look completely nuts in one day.
- My first memory is my fifth birthday. My dad was a firefighter at the time and there was a practice fire the night of my birthday. My parents took me to dinner at Pizza Hut, then we went to the fire. I was minding my own business when one of my dad’s buddies thought I’d like to see my dad IN the burning house. He picked me up and toted me over. I didn’t quite grasp the protective gear concept and just saw my dad standing inside a burning building. I was scarred for years.
- I lived in the same house my entire childhood. I didn’t move until I went to college. That same year, my mom sold the house I grew up in.
- I never had braces. I was blessed with good teeth. I’m forever grateful. But, my eyes on the other hand…
- I’ve worn glasses since I was 5. At one point during elementary school, my eyes were so bad I had bifocals. I was a cool kid. I tried contacts once but my eyes are naturally quite dry so it didn’t go too well.
- I love books and reading. That part, not so much the confession. The true confession is that when I was in elementary school, I would carry around a bag with like a dozen books in case I was gone from the house and finished one. I wanted to have my options on what to pick next. My favorites were the Baby Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High/University. Again, I was a cool kid.
- I’m slightly obsessed with California. I blame it on watching (and being obsessed with) Full House as a kid. I was in 7th heaven the first time I went to San Francisco.
Part of the receiving the award is passing it on to fellow bloggers. But, I’ve lost track of who has and hasn’t done this…so if you haven’t gotten this fab honor, I award it to YOU!