Happy Friday! How about a little getting to know you session to kick of the weekend?
- I am not a morning person. At all. When I was doing my adventure boot camp a few months ago, I was consistently amazed I was getting up before 5 to go work out. I wish it was something I had kept up after the class ended, but that’s just not me.
- I am deathly afraid of bats. Every summer when I was growing up, we would get at least one that weaseled its way into our house. The first one I remember was when I was five and I was the first one to discover it. I thought it was a bird. When I was a teenager, there was one that my mom went to get rid of that was in my room in the middle of the night. She couldn’t find it. I didn’t sleep in my room for a solid couple of weeks and the first night I did…it was back! This was the same year that it swooped down and touched my head. Sick.
- I learned to like coffee by drinking Frappuccinos. The grocery store I worked at in high school opened a Starbucks and I quickly fell in love with caramel Frappuccinos. I regularly got one on my lunch break the days I had to work 8 hour shifts. To this day, it’s still one of my favorite treats.
- I don’t like oatmeal. I feel like I’m the only one in the healthy living blogland that would say this. Just plain old uncooked oats, those I can handle. But the cooked stuff? I can’t do it. It’s a texture thing, the mushiness just gets to me.
- I’m a concert addict. My first concert was the Backstreet Boys in September 1998 and I’ve been to well over 100 since then. I even used to have a list of all the shows I’ve been to, but I lost it a couple years ago. I’ve seen some big names (Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban), some acts that were big at one point (Creed), and some that most people have never heard of (The Weepies). I saw some just as they were starting out (Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears) and some multiple times (Backstreet Boys, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears).