black bean, sweet potato, + quinoa burgers.
My first first for the day: homemade veg burgers! They had some good stuff:
A can of black beans.
A sweet potato (microwaved for seven minutes).
A cup of cooked bulgar.
All three went into the food processor until it all came together. The finished product looked slightly less than appetizing.
I formed the mixture into patties and had enough for six large sized burgers. I ate one tonight, put one in the fridge, and froze the rest. It was a good first attempt, but next time around, I’d do a few things different:
- After rinsing the black beans, I would have dried them a bit.
- Seasonings, seasonings, seasonings. Okay, I actually did intend to do this, but realized I forgot about halfway through forming the patties. I think some garlic powder or maybe something like cumin would have been a great addition.
- I think I could have let the bulgar simmer a couple more minutes.
I used the George Forman grill to cook up the patty for tonight’s dinner. It flattened out quite a bit. Or a lot. I ended up cutting it in half and making it a double decker.
I stacked the burger with tomato, spinach, red onion, pickles, and honey mustard.
After attempting the first bite, it all kind of fell apart. So, I broke out the fork and knife, cut it up, and ate it that way. Way easier.
This weekend, I hit my 300th post and what a better way to celebrate than with my second first for the day: my first giveaway!
At the Healthy Living Summit in August, I had the opportunity to try Adora calcium supplements and I absolutely loved them! My favorite way to eat one is to dip it in peanut butter! They are high in calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium, and taste awesome! They come in milk and dark chocolate!
Now, you can try them! One winner will get a bag of each. There are three ways to enter the giveaway:
- Leave a comment telling which you’d be most excited to try (milk or dark).
- Tweet about the giveaway. Include @grmindyjean and a link to this post (http://wp.me/pVcDE-Js). Then, come back here and leave another comment saying you did this.
- Link to this post in an entry on your blog. Leave another comment for this.
You have until 12 pm Eastern time on Wednesday, December 22 to enter! US residents only. Good luck!